A PEAK INTO A YEAR AT TIDBURY...
OUR COVID19 SUMMER OF OUTDOOR FUN
Lots of outdoor fun in the rain, storms and sunshine this summer!
The children did most of their learning, playing, adventures outside
They learned all about staying safe during COVID
They kept in their groups "bubble" - it was tricky for the team, but the children loved it
OUR SOCIALLY DISTANCED GRADUATION
"INTRODUCING THE CLASS OF 2020"
The graduation still went on, despite COVID19 and crazy floods ...
Held in our car park this year to give everyone enough space - a wonderful rainbow celebration. It was perfect.
Good luck to our wonderful "Class of 2020"
We will miss each one of you
"CLASS OF 2020"
The pre - graduation "photo shoot"
June 2nd 2020 - We are back!
A wonderful day first day back was had by all.
Thank you to our wonderful team, children and families for such a successful return - it was seamless.
It was emotional for parents saying goodbye today, we felt the parents apprehension, fears, but also their strength. This strength gave the Tidbury children the confidence to come and join us and their friends today.
Beaming smiles all round - the children came bouncing back into nursery ...
Thank you so much everyone :)
Tidbury is open from June 2nd!T
We are all really looking forward to welcoming families back next week...
We shall be posting videos for each of the Tidbury learning groups on our private Facebook page, with details of what to bring to help all of the children with their transition returning :)
Can't wait to see you soon
WORLD BOOK DAY!
A favourite story "Supertato" was the theme of our book celebration
The children made their own Supertato
They hunted for vegetables
And that naughty pea!
It was a healthy, fun, vegetable packed day ...
PEOPLE WHO HELP US
The swans loved acting out the role of being in the police force ...
JANUARY & FEBRUARY 2020
We made the Giants castle in the front garden , we made porridge for Baby Bear
We made castles out of junk and Ginger bread men out of play dough
We pretended to be the Big Bad Troll and gobbled up anyone who walked over our bridge!
Fe Fi Fo Fum!!!!! Run, Run as fast as you can! Trip, Trap over the Bridge!
Magic Russ came to visit us - we loved his magic show ...
Then (despite the heavy rain and floods!) the children all went outside to find their Christmas presents and Christmas treasure!
A Christmas feast with lots to eat :)
THE SWANS NATIVITY PLAY
The Swan children were very excited to practice the dress rehearsal in the church....
and they performed beautifully to a packed church on the day.
We were all so proud of them all.
Thank you to Miss Hannah for directing the children so well.
The children have all been enjoying activities and play based on nursery rhymes. We have focused on some of their favourite traditional rhymes - Humpty Dumpty, Little Bo Peep, Jack and Jill and Twinkle Little Star ...
OUR BONFIRE PARTY
- The children collected the logs for the fire, making sure they helped one another with the heavy logs.
- They lit the fire and then danced around with their fireworks.
- At the end of our party the children all enjoyed warm tomato soup, sausages, bread and fruit
- In the afternoon they created some beautiful representations of our bonfire
"Whoosh, Bang, Crack & Whizz, Bonfire Night is here!"
Halloween poems, songs and stories under pumpkin light
Face painting and of course lots of dressing up!
The Swan and Bear children carried their food donations over to St. Johns Church
Reverend Paul held a mini Harvest service for us, we sangs songs, did crafts and listened to a story together.
We had a special Diwali celebration - the festival of light ...
The children all dressed up and danced together with colourful scarves
They made conker curry with their friends
And made beautiful Rangoli patterns to take home.
Happy Diwali everyone!
GRANDPARENT'S DAY - "Stay and Play"
To celebrate our very special Grandparent's we invited them to nursery.....
Comments / feedback:
- I liked the whole experience, and thought it especially fun outside watching the children in the digging area and also having snack together. Seeing my grandson pouring his own drink :)
- I was very impressed listening to the Tidbury team, how they interacted with the children and made me feel very welcome
- It was great to meet some of my grandson's friends and join in with them, and see how he interacts with everyone.
- From the outset I felt included, starting with my named chair! Clear explanations of how I could join in - thank you for the experience.
- I loved searching for worms and bugs, to see the wonderment in their faces was so touching.
- A couple more hours please! Oh and Grand dad wants to come too!
So pleased that everyone had such a wonderful visit. Thank you for your feed back :)
Our Swan group ...
Our preschool children are very excited to move up from the Bear group into the Swan group. Lots of exciting new games, targets and challenges.....
- Look in your mirror... Who has brown hair? Who has blue eyes? Are we all the same?
- What are The Golden Rules? Can you help each other? Share ideas?
- Can you roll a ball and say your favourite colour? Animal? Food?
Our Big Bear group ...
The big bears have made a smooth transition from the cub group and are excited when their name is on the "Helpers Board".
- Who is water chief today? Who is ringing the bell? Who can help a friend?
They have been doing challenges together and on their own ... lots of fun with our bear buddies.
- What colour hair have you got?
- Can you collect all the red bricks? Who can build the tallest tower?
- Can you crawl under the bench? Can you balance on the crates?
Our Cub group ....
The cubs are doing so well settling into nursery life at Tidbury. They have been exploring all the areas of the nursery, and have had so much fun both inside and outside ...
- Exploring paint, chalks, water, sand and dough ...
- Digging in the stones, looking for bugs...
- Climbing, sharing, exploring their "Special Boxes", singing and making music :)
STOP PRESS OFSTED REPORT ... STOP PRESS OFSTED REPORT ... STOP PRESS OFSTED REPORT ... STOP PRESS OFSTED REPORT ... STOP PRESS OFSTED REPORT ... STOP PRESS OFSTED REPORT ...
NEWS UPDATE from OFSTED! ... December 2018
Following our OFSTED inspection last month, we are incredibly proud to announce that we have been awarded the top OFSTED performance rating ...
“OUTSTANDING across the board”
The Tidbury team and family could not be more pleased and proud with our inspection report and outcome. It is a truly honest reflection of what we strive for every day for our Tidbury children and families. We are most proud of the rich comments acknowledging the social and emotional well being of the Tidbury children and the excellent relationships that exist between our team and the children and their families and amongst our team. An outstanding nursery does not happen by accident, it exists because of outstanding people – we are very proud of our excellent team, children and our very supportive families. This together allows us to fulfil our aim – “Our aim is to give children the best possible start; we build foundations from which they can grow and flourish”.
Our report is now live on the OFSTED website – please click on the link below.